Explore Vegan Malaysian Cuisine
Southeast Asia and Malaysia was the destination world-traveling artist and cook Justin P. Moore chose for a 5 week adventure across the Malaysian peninsula, to the city-state of Singapore, and around the island of Borneo. As always, he’s interested in the country and people he’s visiting, and anxious to dive deep into the mixing-pot of diverse culinary influences of the region: Malaysian, Thai, Chinese, Indian, Indonesian… and a lot more.
As with the previous three volumes in his series of internationally successful The Lotus and the Artichoke cookbooks, these recipes are the mouth-watering results of direct contact, daily dialogue, and intense cooking sessions with the locals – at their homes, in the restaurants, and at food carts and street food stalls across the land. On this journey his stays included a jungle treehouse in Borneo, backpacker guesthouses in the big cities, and downtown hotels and and simple apartments in China Town and India Town.
The Lotus and the Artichoke MALAYSIA features over 70 totally vegan recipes inspired by Justin’s travels and experiences on the road and in kitchens all over the world. This fourth book in the series again masterfully showcases his remarkable blend of personal artwork, travel stories, original culinary creations and down-to-earth food photography.
The Lotus and the Artichoke – MALAYSIA:
• 160 pages – with over 60 full page color photos
• Stories, art, and recipes inspired by 5 weeks of travel in Malaysia, Singapore & Borneo
• Explore amazing Malay, Chinese, and Indian cuisine from the fantastic foodie metropolises Kuala Lumpur & Singapore, culinary heritage highlights of Penang, rising star Ipoh, Sarawak’s quaint Kuching, the tribal highlands of Borneo and beyond
• Everyday classics, mind-blowing mains, fabulous feasts, street food superstars, awesome salads & fresh treats, great snacks, and crazy delicious desserts
• Discover new flavors, tasty spices, and easy, awesome cooking skills
• Great for cooks of all levels, from beginner to advanced
• Recipes use easy-to-find ingredients (Cook everything, anywhere!)
• Easy-to-follow recipes designed to satisfy and impress eaters of all ages, tastes, and minds